Customer Service Apprenticeship
If you're looking for a Customer Service Apprenticeship, join us in Bolton
- Joining our collaborative telephony team, you’ll be taking the first step into a long and fulfilling career
- After 12 to 18 months with us you’ll move to one of our branches to develop your skills further
- You’ll earn a Level 2 Financial Services Customer Apprenticeship with a Professional Banker Certificate and build on your existing skills with a full training and development programme
- We’ll start you on a competitive salary of £18,765 (pro rata for hours worked)
What you'll do
Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day telephone banking transactions, like paying bills or transferring funds abroad, or offering our customers products and services that are right for them, you’ll be there to help.
- You’ll respond to their changing needs, and use your own expertise to recommend and promote the benefits of the different ways they can bank with us
- By building real connections to understand our customer needs, you’ll find the right solutions for them
- Taking the skills you’ve learnt, you’ll work in one of our nearby branches as an Associate Personal Banker
As an Apprentice, you’ll gain fantastic insight and experience in this role, and you’ll be opening new career opportunities as we’ll support you to achieve your Level 2 in Financial Services Customer Apprenticeship
The skills you'll need
You’ll need to be passionate about excelling in customer service and building relationships, and you’ll combine this with:
Great listening skills
- The ability to empathise with your customer’s situation
- The determination to learn and develop new skills
- Strong computer skills
Resolving the complex problems won’t faze you as you’ll have built a fantastic knowledge of our products and services to help answer a range of customer queries.
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern.
Your hours of work are likely to be between 7am and 9pm and will include weekends and Bank Holidays. You'll be required to work 2 in 3 weekends. We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during the interview stage.
In addition, you’ll:
- Earn a competitive salary as you learn through on the job training
- Receive support from your buddy as you study towards a professional qualification through a structured online learning and development programme
The Apprenticeship programme is open to people of any background who are the age of 16 and over. It is a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
Apprenticeship opportunities are designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful in the role. There needs to be the potential for the significant development of capabilities and competence during the programme for you to be eligible. You won’t be able to join the programme if you have the same or equivalent qualification, or work experience at a similar level in a similar field. This may include a related apprenticeship, a university degree or a role in which you may have developed similar skills.
We’ll carry out an eligibility check as part of the application process.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £18,765 per year
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £18,765 (which is £10.31 per hour) and in addition you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work bank holidays.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
Interviewing for this role
All of our branch and call-centre based roles have a one-way video-based assessment stage.
We want to give you a helping hand, so we’ve put together a short video that’ll give you some handy tips and best practices - and also tell you what to expect during the process.