Senior Financial Controller
Join us in Warsaw as a Senior Financial Controller
- The purpose of the role is to perform business as usual (BAU) within the NatWest Markets reporting and control function
- You'll be ensuring selected entities and records of the bank are properly reported and disclosed and all the risks around the processes performed are raised, assessed, monitored and addressed
What you'll do
The �NatWest Markets Financial Control team is responsible for a number of high level overview and analytical controls that span the NatWest Markets business.
In particular this covers the below activities:
- Development and management of suitable controls around applicable reporting and accounting constraints
- Providing expert advice on financial, accounting and reporting matters
- Keeping abreast of IFRS reporting developments, systems infrastructure and internal policy changes to proactively assess business and reporting impacts
- Supporting and performing Monthly reporting of NatWest Markets Balance Sheet for respective businesses indirectly to senior management and external regulators, including reconciliation, analytical review and driver analysis, with Macro analytic commentary when necessary
- Ensuring effective and robust control environment is operated around reporting
- Developing, validating and challenging working assumptions used to generate reporting packs to ensure optimum reporting
- Constantly challenging and look for more automated solutions wherever possible
- Providing regular and ad-hoc analysis of both tactical and strategic aspects of the business where required
The skills you'll need
You'll need excellent knowledge of English, both written and verbal, advanced Excel skills, and strong numerical and analytical skills with an inquisitive mind to investigate issues.
It would also be desirable for you to have knowledge of the following:
- MS Access knowledge
- SQL knowledge
- VBA skills
- Knowledge of financial systems data flows
- Experience with working on multiple, large volume data sources and databases
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.