Junior Data Engineer
This job posting is no longer active
Join us in Warsaw as a Junior Data Engineer
- This is a chance to take a key role in a new Finance team at the forefront of building advanced analytical capability within Commercial & Private Banking Finance
- You'll influence decisions by providing data driven insight and analysis to the business and other key Finance stakeholder groups
- The team’s remit includes exploring new ways of using the bank's data, and you'll have the opportunity to work through proof of concepts in an agile environment
- You’ll have a supportive environment, plenty of challenge, and the opportunity to build new capability within Finance
What you'll do
Joining our new Finance Analytics team based in Warsaw, you'll be supporting BI developers and data scientists, carrying out data sourcing, data wrangling and feature engineering tasks. You'll be pairing up with other analysts to deliver clean and consistent data pipelines for analytical teams using agile and extreme programming delivery methods.
Your role will also involve:
- Providing data sourcing, data preparation and feature engineering expertise in support of a team of BI developers and data scientists
- The extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Working as part of the team in preparing and executing experiments, PoCs and pilots, making innovative use of the bank’s data resources
- Applying a structured approach to solving problems with data sourcing, including data quality remediation, engineering joins between disparate data sets from different systems, and addressing issues arising from performance and capacity constraints
- Designing and developing technical solutions, keeping the customer experience at the forefront of your actions
- Collaborating with the existing BI team in Warsaw
- Proactively engaging and influencing London based business partners and the finance director by developing actionable business insight
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a successful history of manipulating, processing, joining and extracting value from large datasets sourced from disparate sources. You'll have a passion for technology, and strong people and communication skills.
You'll be able to draw on your ability to interact successfully across the business with key stakeholders, combining this with extensive knowledge of SQL, and practical knowledge of relational databases. You should have proven commercial experience and a strong understanding of the bigger picture, including how we house, store and use data. And you'll be qualified to BSc or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
You'll also bring:
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of RDBMS technologies (Teradata, Oracle, Hadoop)
- Experience with data modelling and building automated data flows
- Experience with ETL processes
- Commercial acumen and the ability to work with and influence a range of stakeholders
- The ability to support a portfolio of technically complex solutions
- The desire to work in a non-hierarchical, collaborative environment
- Experience with Impala, Hive, Sqoop, Spark, Oozie will be an asset
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.