If your expertise lies in market data BAU processes and assessing Risk appetite, then the position as Market BAU – Associate is apt for you. In this role, you will have to work in relation to market and counterparty credit risk, offering guidance where required to more junior team members.
To apply for this position, you need experience in handling market data processes relating to its capture, processing, maintenance and distribution.
What the Business Does
MRPI is a Quantitative Risk Management function focused on delivering analysis across all aspects of Market Risk: Risk appetite, Controls, Capital, Methodology and the associated Counterparty Credit Risks. The team offers several career paths within the function and team members have an agile skill set that includes understanding of derivatives, stresses, regulation, etc. These skills are utilized to deliver accurate metrics to the Front Office Business, Risk Managers and our Regulators.
As a BAU Associate, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for market data BAU processes, and market data quality and remediation work in relation to market and counterparty credit risk, offering guidance where required to more junior team members
- Interacting with Production Services and Risk IT teams in order to resolve feed and system issues
- Maintaining a robust version control system that includes historic versions of the role profile, dates of change and any delegations of authority
- Working directly with risk managers to determine suitable sources of data, and suitable proxies where no such source exists
- Overseeing the production of impact analysis reports following changes to market data
Skills you need
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills; MS Excel
- Working experience with Bloomberg, Reuters and Markit APIs
- An understanding of VaR and Market Risk and counterparty credit risk
- Programming and/or scripting skills, and writing SQL queries
- Knowledge of quantitative finance and market and counterparty credit risk
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.