Business Intelligence Developer
We are hiring a Business Intelligence Developer in Warsaw
- We’re looking for an outstanding Business Intelligence Developer to join us in this permanent full-time role
- This is a chance to take a key role in a new Finance team at the forefront of building advanced analytical capability within Commercial & Private Banking Finance
- You'll influence decisions by providing data driven insight and analysis to the Business and other key Finance stakeholder groups
- You'll create technical solutions for business needs by translating their requirements and finding innovative resolutions using Tableau and other Business Intelligence platforms
- You’ll have a supportive environment, plenty of challenge, and the opportunity to build new capability within Finance
What you'll do
As Business Intelligence Developer you’ll proactively drive and enhance data infrastructure across the bank. This will involve data sourcing, providing end-to-end management information designs, development and testing for stakeholders within Finance. You’ll deliver technical solutions, keeping the customer experience at the forefront of your actions.
- Provide data sourcing, data preparation and semantic views creation expertise in support of a self service reporting to business stakeholders
- Interpret Business requirements and turning them into robust self-service analytical solutions
- Participation in process automations and self service tools development including change projects
- Provide leadership and assist with skills development for colleagues having less experience of data engineering
- Apply a structured approach to solving problems with data sourcing, including data quality remediation, engineering joins between disparate data sets from different systems, and addressing issues arising from performance and capacity constraints
- Collaborate with the existing Business Intelligence team in Warsaw
- Proactively engage and influence London based Business Partners and the Finance Director by developing actionable business insight
The skills you'll need
You'll have a successful history of manipulating, processing, joining and extracting value from large datasets sourced from disparate sources. You'll have a passion for technology, and strong people and communication skills.
You'll be able to draw on your ability to interact successfully across the business with key stakeholders, combining this with extensive knowledge of SQL, and practical knowledge of relational databases as well as Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau. You should have proven commercial experience and a strong understanding of the bigger picture, including how we house, store and use data. Experience with Big Data technologies (Impala, Hive, Scoop, Oozie) is desirable but not essential.
You'll also bring:
- Expert programming and data engineering skills, qualified to BSc or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Strong SQL skills and extensive knowledge of RDBMS technologies
- Experience with Tableau
- Commercial acumen and the ability to work with and influence a range of stakeholders.
- An ability to support a portfolio of technically complex solutions
- The desire to work in a non-hierarchical, collaborative environment
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.