Customer Service Analyst
Join the Royal Bank of Scotland as a Customer Service Officer in Bolton
- An exciting opportunity to join the Customer Service Team where putting the customer first is at the heart of everything we do
- You‘ll be responsible for handling a wide range of banking queries as the first point of contact for our customers
- You’ll benefit from working in a supportive and collaborative environment where learning and development are a real focus
What you'll do
Great customer service and support is our biggest priority. Each interaction we have is an opportunity to create and strengthen our relationship with our customers. In this diverse role you’ll have a wide range of duties, and will be a crucial point of contact for our customers.
You’ll be supporting our customers by:
- Providing the very best experience and service answering inbound calls
- Using alternative communication methods including email and online chat functions
- Investigating customer queries promptly and accurately within agreed timescales, engaging with different business departments
- Processing customer requests with accuracy and attention to detail
- Completing all mandatory training applicable to your role
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for passionate and motivated people who are dedicated to providing the highest standard of service and the very best customer experience.
You’ll also have:
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Great care and attention to detail
- The ability to work as both part of a team and act on your own initiative
- The enthusiasm to build a broad understanding of our systems and processes
- The ability to take ownership and follow up on customer queries within agreed timescales
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible and commit to working a rotating work pattern.
Your hours of work will be between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday on a rotational shift pattern.
We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during your interview stage.
You'll enjoy a comprehensive training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development. When you're ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £18,765 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £18,765 (which is £10.31 per hour) and in addition you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days (pro rata for hours worked) – you may be required to work bank holidays.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
Interviewing for this role
All of our branch and call-centre based roles have a one-way video-based assessment stage.
We want to give you a helping hand, so we’ve put together a short video that’ll give you some handy tips and best practices - and also tell you what to expect during the process.