The role-holder will process/authorise all Trade transactions as per the defined KPI and the Trade documents processed strictly adhering to the compliance principles of RBS. The role-holder will be flexible with work hours/shifts/weekend working to support uninterrupted services to customers across regions/time zones. The individual will also be agile and adaptive to deal with fluctuations in workflow/volumes and ensuring accurate/timely executions of tasks.
What The Business Does
Commercial and private banking division provides Banking solutions to the UK corporate and commercial client base, this includes large corporate and institutional clients , commercial SME segment , business banking and private customers. The division provides lending, trade finance and transactional banking solutions to our customers. Our vision is to be the number one bank for customer service, trust and advocacy by 2020.
Trade & Working Capital products are vital for businesses, from SMEs to the largest blue-chip corporates. Our products help customers to trade internationally, to mitigate risk, finance the working capital cycle, and to manage liquidity effectively. From the simplest overdraft to more structured financing techniques, we have one of the broadest product sets in the market. A 250-member-strong team support a range of functions in Trade Operations in the areas of Letters of Credit, Documentary collections, supply chain finance and Guarantees.
- Ensure all processing is performed accurately as per approved Process/Procedure Manuals within agreed Turnaround Time/Service Level Agreements
- Ensure queries are investigated accurately and raised with the relevant parties without delay and escalated where needed, assisting to respond to queries from customers/stakeholders promptly within in agreed timelines and support process training and knowledge sharing within the team
- Suggest areas of improvement in their daily processing and escalate appropriately, review manual or ineffective processes which could be automated, or enhanced, to enable the provision of superior client experience/service, review processing errors and customer complaints to identify trends and training needs
- Actively participate/lead in root cause problem solving initiatives to improve process delivery, risk mitigation and customer experience
- Ensure adherence to documented controls and procedures, identify and escalate deviations in policies and procedures for early resolution and identify risks pertaining to the process and escalate as appropriate
- Build and maintain key relationships with colleagues across Operations, Front Office and other units as required and complete mandatory trainings and accreditations as applicable to your role
The Skills You Will Need
- Graduate Degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in Banking/Financial Services
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment of growth and change
- Able to demonstrate strong problem solving skills with a logical approach. The individual will need to look at root cause of any issue and drive through initiatives to prevent reoccurrence
- Team player, reliable, proactive, conscientious, with an eye for detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to defined timelines
- Advanced knowledge of ICC Publications/Products and Trade System
- Strong understanding of product and processes, banking systems and a good understanding of the industry and customers
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.