Team Lead - Testing
Job Title: Test Lead (Automation)
Job Location: Gurgaon
If your expertise lies in Test Automation of enterprise applications, a position as Test Lead Automation is ideal for you. The role-holder will be responsible for understanding requirements (use case models, functional test case, user stories or functional flows etc) and design test automation framework and solutions.
What the Business Does:
This role is based in the CPB at Technology Services India division reporting to the Test Manager.
Our Applications are a sophisticated internal channel, primarily aimed for Business and Corporate customers and their accounts. It allows customers, amongst other things, the ability to view, print and export historical and/or real time up to date balance and transactions information.
Technology Services India develops IT solutions and critical support services to continually improve the Bank's competitive edge, profitability and client focus.
- Collaborate with colleagues at multiple levels, cross-Domain, Domain, Platform and Feature teams, understanding and analyzing testing requirements, to plan and manage the work necessary to perform and monitor automation testing, building in quality as an integral part of all activities
- Work with all team members to define and refine the scope of manual and automated testing required, the creation of automated test scripts and artefacts resulting in stable, persistent and repeatable automation testing and enabling continuous, delivery, early feedback and reflection and the ability to improve whilst still in the lower cost of the development lifecycle
- Design and creation of low maintenance suite of stable re-usable automated tests which are usable both within the Product or Domain and also across Domains and systems in an end to end capacity
- Collaborating with the Product Owner, Quality Analyst, Quality Manager and Feature teams ensuring automated testing is performedand monitored as an essential part of the planning and product delivery. Collaborating with the Quality CoE as necessary to enable end to end and cross-systems automation as necessary
- Enable the production of test artefacts such as test scripts and user documentation as required and ensure sharing of the knowledge with the Feature teams and CoE
- Understand the importance of continuous integration and the role that automation testing has to enable it
- Working closely with the Feature teams, to Increase automation knowledge, skills and benefits, participating in sprint planning, story refinement and other sessions as necessary
- Promotes best practice and tools, such as data stubbing, test driven development, Gherkin syntax and other methods as appropriate and always looking to improve
The Skills That You Will Need:
- Minimum 9+ years of working automation testing experience in web based application
- Experience on Selenium, framework creation, HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA tool is a must.
- Strong automation development experience in Selenium using Java
- Experience in working with maven, git and Jenkins/team city
- Expertise in automation development using QTP / Silk test for desktop
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good understanding of automation in DevOps & Agile culture
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK's number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We'll make sure you're clear on what's expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you're capable of succeeding, and that you're motivated to do your best work. We're a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you'll do.