Sr. Designer - Testing
Job Title: Senior Test Designer
Job Location: Gurgaon
An Automation Test Expert will be assigned with one or more projects where the role-holder will need to start collaborating with development and testing team, both onsite and offsite, to build innovative and effective automated test solutions. You will be responsible for ensuring that functional test scripts are fully automated and are free of defects, through the utilisation of automated testing best techniques and practices, reducing the overhead of manual test effort by building a new framework or modifying the existing frameworks and help in building a strong automation team.
As an Expert you will be working in a team implementing the Test departments automated test strategy by designing, implementing and executing automated features.
This position requires strong communication skill, deductive reasoning, attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity. The individual will work with UAT Manager, Developers, Business Analyst, vendors for automation test scripting, de-bugging and execution.
The role requires a technology minded individual with extensive knowledge of Selenium best practices as well as agile development methodologies. This position must be able to communicate equally well with business owners, customers, and technology professionals. Candidates must demonstrate experience along with the skills necessary to implement a total quality automated solution.
What the Business Does:
This role is based in the CPB at Technology Services India division reporting to the Test Manager.
Our Applications are a sophisticated internal channel, primarily aimed for Business and Corporate customers and their accounts. It allows customers, amongst other things, the ability to view, print and export historical and/or real time up to date balance and transactions information.
Technology Services India develops IT solutions and critical support services to continually improve the Bank's competitive edge, profitability and client focus.
- To ensure that creation, maintenance and execution of automation test plan and scripts are completed and within agreed timelines and specifications.
- Ensuring that functional test scripts are fully automated and are free of defects, through the utilization of automated testing best techniques and practices, reducing the overhead of manual test effort by building a new framework or modifying the existing frameworks and help in building a strong automation team
- Design, develop, and execute automated test scripts which validate, to a high degree of confidence, test cases defined within the project’s test plan.
- To ensure test faults/defects are logged whilst testing the software and are tracked to closure.
- Adapts to existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems
- To ensure that automation testing best practices and standards are followed during the testing and development of scripts.
- To ensure there is a clear understanding of testing status by using appropriate channels of communications with business stakeholders, project teams and IT management.
- Coordination with multiple testing teams (functional, ST/IST, security and OAT) to ensure that synergies could be achieved across multiple phases in testing.
The Skills That You Will Need:
- Minimum 7+ years of working automation testing experience in web based application, database and UAT.
- Experience on Selenium, framework creation, HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA tool is a must.
- Candidates must demonstrate experience along with the skills necessary to implement a total quality automated solution.
- Have good knowledge of Automated Test Plan, Design document, Requirement gathering, Scripting, modifications, test scenario creation, scenario execution, report creation, Result analysis, Introscope report and graphs.
- Write, schedule and maintain clean and clear automated UI tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Should have excellent communication skills and stakeholder management experience.
- Provide utilities and framework enhancements to simplify the automation process for others.
- Create a clear reporting platform for automated test runs, analyse and distribute actions based on results
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK's number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We'll make sure you're clear on what's expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you're capable of succeeding, and that you're motivated to do your best work. We're a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you'll do.