Security Assesment Specialist
Join us in Warsaw as a Security Assessment Specialist
- In this role, you'll join our Security Assessment team that performs in-depth security risk assessment of infrastructure and applications delivered globally
- You’ll ensure any potential information security risks are identified, assessed, communicated and managed before systems go into production
- This is an opportunity to work on business and technology projects across mobile banking, cyber security and digital transformation in an international environment and in a team of over 200 people across several locations in Europe and Asia
What you'll do
As a Security Assessment Specialist, you'll identify and assess security risks affecting new and existing infrastructure and applications. You'll then explain the causes, likelihood and impact of information security risks, and recommend mitigating controls to risk owners and stakeholders.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Identifying and assessing threats and risk associated with changes to technical infrastructure and applications
- Recommending necessary controls to mitigate security risk, on both an organisational and technical level
- Participating in application and infrastructure projects to define and implement security requirements
- Providing security policy advice to business and technology departments
- Providing security consultancy services to assist in the development of remediation plans
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role you'll need extensive experience working with IT security and information security, preferably in a large, complex global environment. You'll understand how to assess threats and risks as well as recommending controls necessary to mitigate them, on both an organisational and technical level. You'll also understand security risk assessment principles, general security concepts and the application and IT infrastructure specific security concepts.
Along with an understanding of applications design and architecture, secure Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC), common protocols and cryptographic standards, you'll have experience with network, host or application security practices.
You'll also demonstrate:
- An understanding of one or more security compliance frameworks, controls, and best practices, and at least one security domain
- An awareness of emerging technologies and corresponding security threats
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and organisation skills
- The ability to explain complex technical risk issues effectively to a range of stakeholders
An industry certification in security, risk or technology would also be beneficial.
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.