Technical Product Manager
This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Technical Product Manager at APtimise to join us in London
- You'll join Aptimise and work in a unique area for the bank as user led insights are used to develop intuitive products
- We currently have 70 customers in the pilot phase and aim to increase the customer base to 1000 by the end of the year
- You'll work on this really interesting proposition as you design and develop new functionalities from user interviews, wireframing to Agile delivery, as well as front-end development, testing and automation testing
What you'll do
In this role, you'll manage vendor relationships to define functionality and confirm the priority of the backlog. Your role will encompass creating high and low fidelity wireframes and prototypes, ensuring scalability of the product and go to market strategy, and also spending time with customers to understand their needs to shape the overall APtimise proposition.
You'll contribute to the design of automated integration tests and e2e regression tests. Alongside a multi-disciplinary team, you'll create acceptance criteria by analysing features and requirements, using tools and frameworks such as TestRail, QMetry, qTest, and Jira.
- Contribute to the design and execution of the product roadmap and vision
- Lead user interviews and identify pain points
- Produce high and low fidelity wireframes and UX designs in figma, sketch or similar
- Conduct user testing with prototypes and iterate quickly
- Write user stories and detailed scoping documents for new functionality
- Define UAT criteria
- Support the development of others by sharing best practice
- Support the test team with testing
- Manage sprints and Agile ceremonies
- Manage user innovation and feedback loop
- Utilise user insights to further develop the product
- Understand and challenge tech architecture and proposed functionality by the external partner
- Understand customer needs and business needs to define and prioritise the functionality build
- Ensure effective delivery of the APtimise platform functionality
- Effectively manage internal teams such as sales and external partners to ensure they deliver on time and within budget
- Create testing scripts and automation test scripts
The skills you'll need
We'll also look to you to bring:
- Experience of working in a fast paced technology start–up environment
- Knowledge of UX, JIRA and Figma
- Strong analytical skills, able to establish customer pain points and define journeys
- Experience of agile project management
- The ability to grasp complex problems and solutions quickly
- Familiarity of APIs entire journey
- The drive to obtain results without clear direction
- Excellent organisation skills and astute attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.