Business Admin Apprenticeship
If you're looking for a Business Admin Apprenticeship, join us in Edinburgh
- You’ll enjoy a great deal of variety, contributing to several projects that aim to improve the customer journey
- Part of our growing community of apprentices, you’ll benefit from a supportive and collaborative working environment, and have a fantastic insight into how the bank operates
- We’ll start you on a competitive and flexible reward package of £18,765 and you’ll work towards a valuable qualification
- Sitting within our Commercial & Private Banking function, you’ll be a valued member of a growing area of the bank that makes sure that we are working in the correct ways, and doing the right thing for our customers
- You'll start your apprenticeship with us on the 9th October 2019
- This role will be based at either RBS Gogarburn or Redheughs Avenue
What you'll do
Our Commercial & Private Banking business serves a real variety of customers, from small to mid sized corporates to wealthy individuals. With a key focus on digital innovation, you’ll help us to continually improve our processes, systems and customer service by working on numerous projects that vary in size. You’ll be involved with some businesses from the get-go, and gain a great perspective on how they develop and grow.
This will involve:
- Working towards a Diploma in SQCF Business and Administration Level 6
- Researching, collating and analysing data, keeping an eye out for any areas that we can improve
- Working alongside a team of specialists, responsible for maintaining the bank’s key organisational processes and operating systems
- Identifying any potential risks across our systems, and mitigating their impact
- Making sure we always meet our regulatory obligations
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for proactive people with a strong customer focus. You’ll need to be highly organised and able to multi-task.
You’ll also need:
- The ability to build relationships and work as part of a team
- A keen eye for detail
- The enthusiasm to build a broad understanding of our systems and processes
What else you'll need to know
Apprenticeship opportunities are designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful in the role. There needs to be the potential for the significant development of capabilities and competence during the programme for you to be eligible. You won’t be able to join the programme if you have the same or equivalent qualification, or work experience at a similar level in a similar field. This may include a related apprenticeship, a university degree or a role in which you may have developed similar skills.
We’ll carry out an eligibility check as part of the application process.
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night. Your hours of work are likely to be between 9am and 5pm but we’ll discuss in more detail with you during the interview stage.
The Apprenticeship programme is open to people of any background who are 16 or over. It is a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
This apprenticeship will last for 18 months and you'll be offered a full time role with the bank upon its completion.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £18,765 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £18,765 (which is £9.14 per hour) and in addition you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. (pro rata for hours worked) – you may be required to work Bank Holidays.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information thank on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
Interviewing for this role
All of our branch and call-centre based roles have a one-way video-based assessment stage.
We want to give you a helping hand, so we’ve put together a short video that’ll give you some handy tips and best practices - and also tell you what to expect during the process.