Join us as a Community Banker in Kendal
- Thrive working in local communities and building lasting relationships, helping customers to access banking services through a range of channels
- As the face of the brand you’ll educate and support our customers to achieve their financial plans and goals by discussing the different ways they can bank with us
- Promote local activity to achieve our goal of being number 1 for customer service, trust and advocacy by 2020
- Benefit from using your Professional Banking Certificate to educate customers on their individual banking needs
What you'll do
You’ll be the essential channel of communication to our customers and act as the public face of the brand within the multiple communities you operate, helping to equip them to self serve for future needs. You’ll promote local activity and develop a strong presence, becoming a trusted and influential person. You’ll host regular events across the community to educate customers on becoming financially fit, living in the digital age and preventing fraud, working with local venues such as libraries to facilitate these.
Through the course of your work, you’ll:
- Utilise social media to increase your presence in the community, through sharing useful and relevant financial and digital information and tips
- Engage the community through channels such as charity events and social groups educating customers on our services and the different ways to bank.
- Conduct financial health checks to identify opportunities to meet customers financial goals
- Develop a strong working partnership with internal colleagues
- Take ownership of resolving complaints and errors quickly
You’ll take ownership of your own personal development, seeking out coaching and opportunities to develop your skills.
The skills you'll need
As you draw on your experience and knowledge of banking, you’ll have a proven track record of helping customers with a wide range of needs and services.
- Have excellent networking , profile-building skills
- Bring strong communication skills, with experience of delivering presentations
- Possess excellent digital skills with an in-depth knowledge of current and future trends
- Have strong planning and organisation skills, with the proven ability to work unsupervised
- Have achieved the Professional Banking Certificate
Along with this, you’ll have a resilient and proactive approach to effectively coaching customers about new products and services across all digital channels.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £22,866 per year
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £22,866 (pro rata for hours worked) and you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. (pro rata for hours worked) – you may be required to work Bank Holidays.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.