Senior System Engineer
We're looking for a Senior System Engineer to join us in Zurich.
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working in an international environment with the latest technologies and in sharing your technical expertise in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- You'll be joining our organisation as it's transforming its architecture, pushing forward with innovative solutions in various technologies
What you'll do
The role owner is responsible for the engineering, deployment, operation, support & automation of the VMware, backup, server and storage infrastructure. You’ll analyse, fix incidents and problems on a 2nd and 3rd level and assure, that the service and its availability is continuously improved, based on the agreed SLAs. For other internal engineers, application specialists, architects and project leaders, you’ll act as a technical consultant within his expertise.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure delivery and stable operation of the VMware, server- and storage- platforms
- Developing and implementation of a new backup infrastructure which fully supports all backup requirements and provide a very stable operation
- Increasing standardisation and automation to enable faster and leaner deployment of new infrastructure and services
- Take product ownership by creating roadmaps, life cycles and documentation based on internal rules and guidelines
- Reduce data centre footprint down to 50% by supporting appropriate activities
- Support the capacity management process by providing meaningful reports and input for continuous improvement
- Support IT- and Business projects by consulting and providing them the requested infrastructure on time
- Work according internal guidelines and follow the processes (e.g. incident or change management)
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a VMware Certified Associate or VMware Certified Professional in Data Center Virtualization and/or Cloud Management & Automation, with a solid technical understanding of a complex IT Infrastructure (~800 Servers). You'll need to have a higher degree in computer science or engineering, with a min. of 5 years professional experience in engineering, maintaining and operating VMware and storage systems (Hitachi Vantara).
We’ll also expect the role to demonstrate:
- Fluent German and English skills
- Procuring, engineering, maintaining and operating of servers (HPE DLs and Synergy)
- Knowhow of Backup infrastructure (Netbackup and / or Commvault)
- Knowhow of cloud services and automation (vRealize)
- Knowhow of high availability solutions, disaster recovery technologies and integration methodologies
- Experience in working with ITIL processes for Incident-, Change- and Problem Management Working in teams and designing new solutions with other engineers
- Able to fix incidents under pressure in a structured manner
- Customer focus and a service oriented mind-set
- Basic knowledge of LAN and firewall zone principles
- Operating system experience (Redhat and Windows Server) would be an asset
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
Who we are
RBS Services (Switzerland) Ltd is an IT services and operations processing provider for Private Banking entities of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. Our experienced teams are dedicated, determined and enthusiastic in using their capability and drive for innovation to design, build, maintain and run the delivery of an exceptional and sustainable service to Private Banking clients.
The RBS Private Banking entities offer high net worth clients a comprehensive range of private banking, wealth planning and investment management services through the Coutts and Adam & Co brands as well as to designated NatWest and RBS clients in the UK and internationally. To anticipate and respond to changing client demand, there is a growing emphasis on delivering a full range of innovative digital services.