Join us in London as an Android Developer
- If you love Android, want to flex your Kotlin skills and be part of a world class, multi-award winning agile team, this is the chance you've been waiting for
- You'll be helping to shape and develop new and existing features for the retail banking apps for NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland, Ulster Bank, and Isle of Man Bank
- We're based in a purpose renovated digital studio next to Angel station, with every piece and feature designed to make creativity and collaboration easy
What you'll do
You'll be joining an industry recognised team that frequently leads the way in delivering first-to-market capabilities such as touch ID, Android fingerprint, and certification from the Royal National Institute of Blind People for accessibility to blind and partially sighted customers.
We'll look to you to develop solutions using sound unit testable code before implementing unit and feature tests.
- Recognise defects found during testing, understand the root cause and fix the problem
- Continuously build knowledge of the roadmap for the platform and associated technologies
- Help to define and refine user stories and acceptance criteria
- Collaborate within your team and the wider mobile teams to deliver features during the sprint
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a developer with agile experience, deep knowledge of Java, and basic knowledge of Kotlin.
You'll also have:
- Knowledge of Android Studio, Android SDK, the Android ecosystem and its version feature changes
- Understanding of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration, Gradle, RESTful APIs connecting to back-end services
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and Bitbucket
- Knowledge of testing frameworks such as JUnit and Espresso
While not essential, we'd also welcome knowledge of RxJava, Dagger, RetroFit, OKHttp, and Dependency Injection, as well as experience of feature based testing, BBD and Gherkin.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.