Governance, Liquidity & Capital Assurance Lead
Join us in Central Park, Dublin or Belfast as our Governance, Liquidity & Capital Assurance Lead
- This is a chance to join a newly established function and be at the forefront of implementing a second line assurance model for the bank
- Along with a valuable platform from which to see how the bank manages a key risk portfolio, you'll gain a high level appreciation of how the bank works
- You'll be responsible for the creation, maintenance and delivery of the second line of defence assurance plan for governance, liquidity and capital risk within UBIDAC and its subsidiaries
- You'll play a key role in assessing the systems and controls in place to manage compliance and prudential risks, and you'll contribute to board and committee reports, engaging with senior stakeholders across a wide range of functions
What you'll do
Reporting to the Head of Compliance and Risk Assurance, you'll prepare and deliver an annual governance, liquidity and capital risk assurance plan within committed timeframes to key stakeholders. You'll undertake risk based assurance and form an opinion on the effectiveness of the regulatory control environment.
As well as this, you'll:
- Ensure the governance, liquidity and capital controls and processes and related risks are undertaken effectively, in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Lead the delivery and documentation of high quality risk assurance reviews across customer-facing businesses, and support functions to ensure compliance with bank policies
- Design and execute robust and efficient testing strategies that focus on governance, liquidity and capital controls and processes
- Maintain strong stakeholder engagement through the execution of assurance activity, and build on-going relationships to engender a culture of collaborative working, openness and transparency
- Ensure that accurate and timely updates are made to senior management
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with financial services experience involving senior management roles in a global financial services organisation. Along with detailed knowledge of governance, liquidity and capital risks, you'll have a comprehensive understanding of risk management within a financial services firm.
In addition to this, you'll demonstrate:
- Experience and understanding of all aspects of regulatory risks that have to be managed in a banking environment
- Knowledge of the design and execution of assurance programmes within a financial services environment
- A track record of improving business performance
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and build relationships both internally and externally
- The ability to lead and develop high performing teams of multi-skilled professionals
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Ulster Bank, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.