Audit Manager, Counterparty Credit Risk
This job posting is no longer active
Join us in London or Edinburgh as an Audit Manager covering Counterparty Credit Risk
- We're looking for a dedicated and talented audit manager to join us in this highly collaborative role covering Counterparty Credit Risk Capital
- You’ll be driving assurance for regular engagements on a variety of audits relating to frameworks covering all aspects of counterparty credit risk, including models and methodologies
- Joining our Internal Audit function, you'll play a key part in delivering the vital assurance, support, challenge and advice that keeps our customers and our business safe
What you'll do
This role will place you at the heart of the bank’s third line of defence, providing independent, objective audit assurance for primarily NatWest Markets, our legal entity engaged in trading activities. You'll work with senior audit managers and business stakeholders to scope audits, and formulate appropriate and robust testing plans, leading engagement and execution of audits.
You'll drive the delivery of both regular and complex engagements to provide independent assurance to the business, and you'll lead key aspects of the assurance fieldwork, taking responsibility for the work undertaken by the team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with global methodology within engagements, and keeping the audit management tool accurate and up to date
- Delivering often complex audits on time, to budget, and to an excellent standard
- Leading the engagement team, making best use of its capability
- Developing a deep understanding of the risks associated with the business area, and designing appropriate testing plans to assess the suitability of controls
- Supporting the development and implementation of our audit methodology and quality assurance strategy
- Leading the production of high quality written reports which detail any issues identified
The skills you'll need
You'll need prior internal audit experience, or project management experience with a strong background in risk management. Along with specialist knowledge of counterparty credit risk and related risk frameworks and controls, you'll have knowledge of traded products and their associated credit risks. You'll also have a solid grasp of counterparty credit risk exposure and methodology, including relevant capital requirements regulations.
As well as this, you'll need:
- The proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Commercial acumen and a strategic mind-set
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to deal with a number of different workstreams at once
- The ability to negotiate with, challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels, and to communicate complex concepts in a clear way
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.