Join us in Edinburgh as a Programme Manager
- If you have experience of driving change which delivers great business outcomes, this is an opportunity to take on a role in our Design & Change team within Commercial & Private Banking
- As a Programme Manager you'll be leading a team, reporting directly into the Programme Director
- Your role will be focused on making sure that we deliver the best possible experiences to our customers
- You'll be comfortable driving a culture of innovation, as you help us build a simpler, stronger and more responsive bank for our customers
What you'll do
You'll be leading a team to help them plan, organise, manage and deliver business outcomes within our portfolio, from start to finish. You’ll be ensuring that all governance, risk, finances and resources are effectively managed.
Your initial focus will be on Transaction Banking. One of the programmes that you may be leading is core modernisation, which consists of multiple work streams that are designed to simplify our core system estate.
Your role will involve:
- Defining the scope and taking ownership of the projects in your remit, identifying and managing risks and ensuring we're on track to deliver great results, efficiently and responsibly
- Working collaboratively with a range of business stakeholders, you'll be drawing on your experience to steer projects through to completion
- Identifying and managing the processes of governance control appropriate to the complexities of the programme and ensuring that all programme deliverables adhere to the agreed governance framework
The skills you'll need
We'll be looking for someone with experience in a similar programme manager role leading strategic change programmes to deliver great customer outcomes. You'll have excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to build effective working relationships cross franchise. You'll also be a flexible and assured communicator, able to convey important information and perspectives in a clear, concise and convincing manner, to a range of business audiences.
We'll also look for you to demonstrate:
- Experience of the commercial banking industry, working with either a relevant product or function, such as finance, risk, treasury or operations
- Experience of using and delivering through agile tools and techniques
- A strong customer focus and 'can do' attitude, and the ability to challenge the business in order to raise the bar for the level of service that we provide through our systems and support networks
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
Above all, what will really set you apart is your energy and enthusiasm to initiate positive change.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.