Senior Credit Manager, Credit Risk
We're hiring a Senior Credit Manager to join NatWest Markets Credit Risk in London
- This is a unique opportunity to take on an interesting role that offers great exposure in the newly established NatWest Markets Credit function
- Joining a diverse and dynamic environment, you’ll be working with clients all over Europe
- You’ll be managing a portfolio of Hedge Fund clients from a credit risk perspective, to agree a risk appetite and minimise credit losses
- As part of our commitment to support you in striking a work-life balance, we offer flexible working with this role
- The role is available at associate or vice president level
What you'll do
As Senior Credit Manager you’ll be managing the credit risk profile for a portfolio of financial institution clients. Demonstrating sound judgement, you’ll work with the business to agree on the risk appetite for your portfolio, engage with front line business teams regarding new transactions, and lead client due diligence.
You'll also be:
- Proactively managing the credit risk profile of the portfolio and ensuring that risks are identified, assessed and mitigated to the desired level
- Working closely with front office teams on new transactions, providing risk input on key terms and conditions to ensure the structure is consistent with risk appetite and relevant policies
- Coordinating an efficient and effective credit approval process for all new business to ensure a good customer experience through timely decisions
- Holding timely and productive kick-off meetings with credit analysts, where you’ll review provided financial analysis and give constructive feedback as appropriate to make sure that the required standards are met
- Approving credit reviews and new transactions in accordance with your delegated authority
The skills you'll need
You'll come from a role where hedge fund credit risk management is a key part of the job. Previous knowledge of clients and products relevant to the role would be helpful, as would knowledge of traded products including derivatives and repos, basic lending and trade finance activities, as well as their accompanied documentation.
We’ll also be looking for:
- Stress testing and financial cash flow modelling experience
- A strong analytical background which can be applied to counterparty analysis
- Good working knowledge of credit grading models
- Experience of preparing credit applications
- Knowledge of credit mitigation techniques
- Experience of holding an individual delegated authority and using it to approve transactions
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.