We're looking for a Financial Planner to join us in Doncaster, Harrogate, Hull, Leeds, Nottingham, Sheffield or York
- If you're QCF Level 4 qualified, this is an excellent opportunity to join our Private Client Group, and provide financial advice to some of the bank's wealthiest clients
- You can be based in any of a number of locations from Yorkshire to the East Midlands, and will be asked to travel around the area covered
- We'll provide full training and support to help you achieve the CISI Private Client Investment Advice & Management qualification, and we welcome applicants who have achieved chartered status with the CII
- As part of this role you’ll also be working towards an externally recognised qualification that will help you deliver an outstanding service to our customers
What you'll do
You'll be providing advice to some of our wealthiest clients, and providing a professional, bespoke financial planning and review service to clients with multiple or complex needs. You'll also have the support of a team of wealth analysts and para planners to help ensure you design the right client advice solutions for their needs.
- Advising on tax mitigation, pensions, and protection planning and introducing discretionary fund investments
- A key point of contact for clients, providing support for product queries, and managing encashment and withdrawals post fulfilment
- Building meaningful, long term wealth management relationships with a portfolio of complex or high value clients, and with key stakeholders
- Maintaining your knowledge by keeping up-to-date with changes in the financial and local market places, and making sure it is reflected in your advice
- Delivering against a balanced scorecard including quality of advice, investment reviews, generation of new advice income, and customer service
The skills you'll need
You'll need to be QCF Level 4 qualified to apply, and ideally you'll hold PCIAM, and a valid Statement of Professional Standards. Current or recent experience as an adviser (CF30) is also a key requirement, and a CISI qualification would support your success in this role.
You'll also need to have:
- A strong record of delivery in a regulated environment
- Previous experience of dealing with high net worth clients, and providing complex financial advice
- A deep understanding of finance tax mitigation
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to work to deadlines while maintaining high standards
- Strong interpersonal skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Certified Regime (CR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to enhanced pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting Bank of England website and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".