Middle Weight UI Designer
This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Middleweight UI Designer to join us in Bristol
- You'll support on projects, designing inventive, compelling and pleasing experiences across a range of products and services that address the needs of our customers
- Your work will be a key component in making our customers’ experience of our digital channels intuitive and memorable
- You'll be at the forefront of improving the online UI and VD for our business customers
- You’ll have genuine creative impact, and will be well positioned to gain recognition and transform the experience for our customers
What you'll do
As a Middleweight UI designer, you’ll be supporting and responsible for designing world class customer journeys and experiences across our digital services and products for our Commercial and Corporate customers. The opportunity is there for someone to help grow the team, establish and maintain strong design principles and propose new solutions that make a difference.
You'll also be:
- Working with UX members of the team to develop new solutions which bring truly customer centred improvements
- Standardising design patterns and libraries for usage amongst the team
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders
- Presenting your work to the wider team for discussion
- Occasionally traveling to London for stakeholder engagement
The skills you'll need
You should be experienced in producing creative experiences and have a proven track record in delivering excellence across all deliverables and digital channels. You'll need a background in creating solutions and visual designs in E-Commerce and Software application verticals, and you'll need to present a diverse and creative portfolio the interview stage.
You'll also need:
- Hands on experience adapting wireframes, user flows, and storyboards into hi-fidelity creative solutions
- A good understanding of User Centred Design processes, in-depth knowledge of UI design patterns and standards across all devices
- Experience of design and workflow collaboration tools, including Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Adobe suite
- Creative ideas with a good problem solving mind set and ability to challenge the brand
- To be open to objective criticism and improving upon it
- Good organisational and planning skills, which will help you to efficiently plan and implement your changes
- Great communication and interpersonal skills which allow you to form strong relationships across teams
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.