AWS Solutions Architect
This job posting is no longer active
We’re hiring an AWS Solutions Architect to join us in Manchester
- Join a new agile development team with a compelling mission: to disrupt the mortgages market by taking a revolutionary, customer centric approach to redesigning the application process
- You’ll design the cloud based infrastructure which will underpin customer journeys which are as reliable as they are effortless
- We’re a top three mortgage lender with ambitions to grow further, so your solutions will make a difference to millions of lives
- You’ll be joining the programme from the start, so it’s a chance to deliver something truly special from its early stages
What you'll do
We’re taking a giant leap forward to change the home buying experience forever, and have true agile development and the latest technologies to help us do it. Now we need the talent.
You'll be a fundamental part of the programme’s success, using your technical expertise to develop cloud based architectural solutions which allow us to deliver on our ambitions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining, creating and managing architecture models and roadmaps for infrastructure components, making sure they align to architecture target states
- Drawing on your deep understanding and experience of cloud architecture patterns and principles, such as AWS and Cloud Foundry
- Translating roadmaps into packages of work to be included in incremental platform deliverables, taking into account minimum viable product and minimum marketable features principles
- Helping build understanding of and support for the infrastructure architecture changes needed to achieve the programme’s goals
- Making sure there are clear links between the programme’s infrastructure architecture and the overall bank’s strategy and target architecture, and that it satisfies the customer and business
- Promoting best practice in infrastructure architecture methods and standards, contributing to the wider conversation and methods for improved operational stability, resilience and security
The skills you'll need
This role is suitable for a great collaborator and experienced enterprise architect with a specific focus on cloud technologies, mainly Amazon Web Services. You’ll have a proven history of working on large change programmes in a technology environment, with a focus around AWS technologies. You’ll be well versed in agile development, continuous integration and test automation, and will be a great development team member who fosters and strengthens a spirit of transparency and teamwork.
Experience in a financial services or FinTech environment would be very welcome, but isn’t essential if you have the enthusiasm to make an impact on the industry.
You’ll also bring:
- Experience across architectural design methodologies, patterns, product development, microservices and security models
- Experience working as a lead solution architect on complex enterprise grade platforms deploying into a scalable and secure microservice architecture
- A strong development background and familiarity with the full project lifecycle, ideally with experience of Java, Spring Boot and React
- A good understanding of hybrid architectures utilising the AWS cloud
- Critical thinking with the ability to define the application architecture, development direction and work packages while resolving the issues that emerge
- The ability to interact with senior stakeholders within and outside the business, and collaborate with other architects and developers across multiple workstreams
- The ability to articulate the key design components and constructively take criticism on areas of potential improvement
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall delivery methods and related tools, such as Jira and Confluence
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.