Senior Audit Manager, ICAAP and Stress Testing
We're hiring a Senior Audit Manager, ICAAP and Stress Testing in London
- Joining us as a Senior Audit Manager in our Internal Audit function will position you in a highly visible part of the bank, and give you the opportunity to gain a great insight into how we work
- This is an opportunity to be recognised for your rigour, leadership, and integrity
- Play a significant part in mitigating risks across the Risk, Finance and Treasury functions and activities, working across the breadth of the business
What you'll do
This is a leading role in delivering the strategic audit plan to provide assurance over Financial Risk & Analytics, Treasury Capital Management and associated activities across other parts of Risk, Finance and Treasury.
Financial Risk & Analytics takes a bank wide view of risk to ensure effective risk management of the bank’s strategic and financial plan, providing insight on current and future risks, as well as specialist analysis and tools. Key activities include stress testing and earnings volatility analysis, risk model development, and second line review and challenge on Pension Risk and Treasury activities related to capital, liquidity and funding risk, non-traded market risk, operational risk, and compliance.
Treasury Capital Management is responsible for Capital Planning for the group and subsidiary entities. They are responsible for the ICAAP as well as for maintaining or reviewing capital plans and leverage forecasts for our UK regulated banking entities, including assessing the overall capital position, as well as the composition of the capital stack.
You'll take ownership of a section of the plan, working with the Head of Audit and using your intelligence of business and assurance priorities to provide input into its formation. You'll then take the lead in ensuring the engagements within your portfolio are scoped, scheduled and resourced, and will contribute to approach papers ahead of each engagement. Some of the key aspects of your role will include:
- Managing your team as they deliver engagements which will be at times complex and high profile in nature
- Retaining oversight during testing, ensuring that both the audits' quality and progress meet the standards expected, and that the testing completed fulfils the scope of the audit plan
- Setting standards for rigour and efficiency, and making sure that resources are allocated flexibly and effectively within your portfolio
- Contributing to high quality and impactful written engagement reports produced by your team, and providing the business leaders with advice on prudent risk management
- Building credibility and trust with business stakeholders to enhance Internal Audit's reputation as an objective and trustworthy business partner
The skills you'll need
This is an important role with significant visibility to senior executive management. We’re looking for a strong, established internal auditor or outstanding risk manager, with a thorough grounding in risk management principles and a meticulously investigative approach.
You’ll need to be able to demonstrate how you’ve successfully led a team in delivering complex projects – audit or otherwise – while keeping a firm hand on budget, schedule and quality.
You should have experience in internal audit or risk management in some of the following areas: Integrated Stress Testing, Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process, Capital Planning, practices around building and validating risk models, enterprise level risk assessment and risk reporting.
You'll also need:
- A relevant degree or professional qualification, and working knowledge of the regulatory environment we work in including relevant areas of regulation such as CRD4, CRR, PRA and EBA supervisory approaches
- A strong understanding of principles of good risk management, with a thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls, and a good understanding of the key regulatory requirements relating to risk and capital management and the use of risk models under the advanced approach
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, allowing you to effectively manage stakeholder relationships, and challenge and influence confidently and clearly
- Strong people management experience
- The ability to support and supervise the team through coaching, feedback and development, taking a proactive approach towards identifying and promoting talent
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.