Information Security Architect
We're looking for an Information Security Architect to join us in Zurich.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working in an international environment, while being able to interact with various stakeholders
You'll be joining our organization as it's transforming its architecture, pushing forward with innovative solutions in various technologies
Work with the latest technologies and share your technical expertise in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
What you'll do
As an Information Security Architect you’ll play an integral role in defining and assessing the Bank’s security strategy, architecture and practices. In this role, you’ll be required to effectively translate business objectives and risk management strategies into specific security processes enabled by security technologies and services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Translation of complex security-related matters into business terms that are readily understood by colleagues.
- Presentation of analyses in person and in written formats to the senior leadership members
- Interpretation of business, technology and threat drivers, and develop practical security roadmaps to deal with these drivers.
- Demonstration of flexibility within a variety of changing situations, while working with individuals and groups.
- Owner of the security architecture process that enables the enterprise to develop and implement identity and security solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with business, technology and threat drivers.
- Development of identity and security strategy plans and roadmaps based on sound enterprise architecture practices.
- Development and maintenance of identity and security architecture artifacts (e.g., models, templates, standards and procedures) that can be used to leverage security capabilities in projects and operations.
- To track developments and changes in the digital business and threat environments to ensure that they're adequately addressed in security strategy plans and architecture artifacts.
- Participation as a consultant in application and infrastructure projects to provide security-planning advice.
- Determination of baseline security configuration standards for operating systems (e.g., OS hardening), network segmentation, and identity and access management (IAM).
- Development of standards and practices for data encryption and tokenization in the organization based on the organization's data classification criteria.
- To ensure a complete, accurate and valid inventory of all systems, infrastructure and applications that should be logged in the CMDB.
- Coordination with our future agile development teams to advocate secure coding practices.
- Validation of the IT infrastructure and other reference architectures for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risks, where applicable.
- To review the network segmentation and to ensure least privilege for network access.
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for an architect with a direct hands-on experience or strong working knowledge of vulnerability management tools as well as of managing security infrastructure – e.g. firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPSs), web application firewalls (WAF’ss), endpoint protection, SIEM and log management technology.
You’ll need to have a demonstrable experience in a professional senior technical role such as security architect, solution architect or other hands-on architecture role. Ideally working for a bank, major consultancy or system integrator
You are political savvy and show strong influencing stakeholder management skills combined with excellent communication ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences.
We’ll also expect the role to demonstrate:
- Experience in using architecture methodologies such as TOGAF.
- Experience assessing a broad range of information solutions and products particularly core banking, online banking, case management and web services
- Full-stack knowledge of IT infrastructure:
- Operating systems — Windows, Unix and Linux
- IP networks — WAN and LAN
- Storage networks — Fibre Channel, iSCSI and NAS
- Backup networks and media
- Software Defined Networks
- Direct experience designing IAM technologies and services: Active Directory and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Cloud (Azure) IAM
- Experience working in cross-functional, multinational and geographically dispersed teams
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science
- Excellent English language skills; German skills are a plus
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
Who we are
RBS Services (Switzerland) Ltd is an IT services and operations processing provider for Private Banking entities of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. Our experienced teams are dedicated, determined and enthusiastic in using their capability and drive for innovation to design, build, maintain and run the delivery of an exceptional and sustainable service to Private Banking clients.
The RBS Private Banking entities offer high net worth clients a comprehensive range of private banking, wealth planning and investment management services through the Coutts and Adam & Co brands as well as to designated NatWest and RBS clients in the UK and internationally. To anticipate and respond to changing client demand, there is a growing emphasis on delivering a full range of innovative digital services.