Supply Chain Lead
This job posting is no longer active
Job Title: Supply Chain Management - Lead
Job Location: Chennai, Delhi NCR
Role: Help in the development and implementation of innovative supply chain solutions to help enhance customer experience and improve RBS competitive advantage.
This role includes Supply Chain delivery components (Sourcing, Contract Management, Risk Management, Issues and Escalations etc.) and the individual should have experience handling Supply Chains for Property & Facilities, Logistics, Direct and Indirect Services, Marketing and Events, Bank Operations with strong decision-making skills. The individual will manage a team and ensure all the deliveries meet their deadlines. There will also be Business and Supplier engagement at Senior leadership level.
Business Unit: SCS
What the Business Does: It provides input to the development of “joined-up” supply chain strategies and solutions that incorporate the full contract lifecycle across assigned categories, geographies, and business areas within the bank.
- Execute and help the development of the “joined-up” supply chain strategies and solutions across their lifecycles.
- Provide thought leadership, deep insights and innovative supply chain solutions to the Bank with the help of strong networks across the supply market.
- Lead a team of 5 supply chain professionals, oversee delivery, and help improve performance.
- Support the development and management of the Bank’s supply base in line with RBS objectives, including managing key suppliers and identifying potential new suppliers.
- Build a deep understanding of the business areas within the Bank that are relevant to successful Supply Chain Strategies.
- Deliver robust commercial deals for the Bank that contribute to the overall reduction of its cost base and help improve the customer experience.
- Manage and supervise the risks, ensuring mechanisms are in place to identify and mitigate the risks within a defined Risk Appetite.
- Comply with all RBS policies, and deliver against statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations.
- Responsible for service delivery in sourcing across multiple procurement categories.
The Skills You Will Need:
- Master’s in Business Administration/ Graduates in Engineering.
- Relevant Professional qualification such as CPIM / APICS /CSCP.
- Strong networking skills.
- Good stakeholder management skills.
- Subject matter expertise on the matter.
- At least 6 years of experience in Supply Chain management, ideally across a variety of industries and organisations.
- Commodity and supply market knowledge of 1 or more spend categories.
- Experience in managing supplier relationships and contracts.
- Experience in project delivery and cost and financial management
- Experience in using Technology solutions for Sourcing and Contract Management
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively and to manage and deliver a demanding workload.
- Ability to analyse data and complex inputs to support sound business decisions.
- Ability to bring in market insights via research and networking.
- Creative thinker and entrepreneurial mindset.
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK's number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We'll make sure you're clear on what's expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you're capable of succeeding, and that you're motivated to do your best work. We're a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you'll do.