Head of eTrading Oversight
Join NatWest Markets in London as Head of eTrading Oversight
- This role will task you with leading in all aspects of creating, managing, and driving of all aspects an effective eTrading oversight framework
- It's an opportunity to add value and deliver lasting results by managing eTrading and algorithmic trading risks, while building meaningful relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- The role is available at Director or Managing Director level
What you'll do
Working closely with the Head of Model Risk and eTrading Oversight, you'll define and deliver effective eTrading oversight which includes algorithmic trading. You'll define, manage and maintain the risk framework for eTrading, and oversee the operation of first line risk, governance and controls. Collaboration and stakeholder engagement will be important aspects of your role, including working closely work with NatWest Markets risk management team members to ensure that eTrading operates within the appetite and frameworks for individual risk stripes.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering fit-for-purpose and cost-effective services which provide a holistic oversight of eTrading
- Providing assurance that the eTrading processes and algorithms are appropriate for their designated uses, and ensuring that significant risks are identified and effectively communicated
- Ensuring dealing authorities include algorithmic trading specific limits where required, and are managed in line with relevant policy
- Clearly articulating the level of acceptable risk for eTrading processes and algorithms in the bank’s inventory; escalating any potential breaches of risk appetite
- Engaging with the leaders of relevant model development and validation teams to establish a joint approach to eTrading model risk management, and to prioritise the work
The skills you'll need
This role is suitable for a subject matter expert with a background including leadership experience in an algorithmic trading team. You'll have proven experience in algorithmic analysis, and strong working knowledge of algorithm and platform monitoring.
We'll also be looking for:
- Detailed understanding of algorithms and models relevant to eTrading, and practical experience of the associated risk management issues
- Detailed knowledge of eTrading related regulatory requirements
- Experience of operational and financial planning
- Strong communication skills, and the ability and to develop effective relationships with a range of internal and external senior stakeholders
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.