Lead Fraud Analyst
Join us in Manchester or Edinburgh as a Lead Analyst
- This role will see you leading the analysis, design, build, implementation, monitoring and review of our fraud system's performance
- You'll manage analytical projects, contributing to project planning, reporting, benefits and stakeholder management
- You'll enjoy significant stakeholder interaction, working closely with senior leaders, and building the capability of your team through coaching and providing a source of support and expertise
What you'll do
As Lead Analyst, you'll be responsible for the end-to-end development and maintenance of effective fraud models and related analytics. This will involve data extraction, modelling, recommendations, and responding to issues and challenges. You'll manage analytical projects, and your remit will cover project planning, defining business benefits, reporting and stakeholder management. You'll also be responsible for building the capability of the team by coaching on technical skills.
As well as this you'll be responsible for:
- Clearly presenting results and insights that stakeholders can understand
- The analysis of system performance and losses to meet the defined fraud loss budgets and mitigate fraud risk
- Owning, managing and supervising any potential issues, ensuring mechanisms are in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate any risk within defined appetite
- Assisting with the progress of models through relevant governance processes
- Delivering against all relevant statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations, escalating concerns where appropriate
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone highly influential with excellent communication skills and a background in financial services. Along with experience of fraud systems, ideally ThreatMetrix or equivalent, you'll possess the ability to plan, organise and deliver in a challenging environment. You'll also have extensive experience in statistical or mathematical modelling, data driven analysis and SAS programming, ideally on large datasets in a mainframe or server.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
- Strong PC skills, able to create databases and spread sheets
- Project management skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team, sharing ideas and learning openly with others
- The ability to translate complex and statistical techniques into simple, easily understood concepts
How we'll reward you
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.