Country Head of Audit
This job posting is no longer active
Join us in Frankfurt as our Country Head of Audit
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join our new branch in Frankfurt, which will be fundamental to the bank’s provision of all Euro based products and services
- You'll be a key member of our leadership team and work closely with branch managers, providing strategic risk and control insight and appropriate independent assurance
- You'll be able to carve your own career path, keeping a broad view of all the risks involved in running a branch
- Making the role your own, you'll work with a small group of like minded professionals in the centre of Frankfurt
What you'll do
Working within the wider Group Internal Audit function, you'll be supporting the execution of the internal audit mandate for NatWest Bank in Germany against local laws and standards, by developing knowledge of evaluating the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes in the branch. You'll be responsible for providing assurance that the main branch risks have been identified and that effective controls are in place to manage these.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes in the branch
- Ensure adherence to German Audit regulatory requirements and expectations, and keep abreast of any changes
- Contribute to continuous monitoring in support of branch assurance planning and reporting
- Represent Internal Audit at relevant Audit, Country Governance & Controls Committees and Supervisory Boards and cascade key messages to the wider Internal Audit teams
The skills you'll need
You'll need to be fluent in German and English, both verbal and written, and you'll need an accounting qualification such as ACA.
You'll have a strong knowledge of local German legislation and regulations, and an in depth audit knowledge, with extensive experience within an internal audit function within a large financial institution.
You'll also need:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience of working with European Payment Schemes
- Local experience in payments and treasury
- Flexible communicator able to build strong relationships with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders
- Periodic Regulator interaction experience
How we'll reward you
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.