Financial Planning Wealth Manager
Join NatWest as a Financial Planning Wealth Manager in the Surrey area
- Join our Private Client Advice & Investment Services, where you'll enhance your experience of working with high net worth clients
- You’ll provide holistic financial advice to some of the bank's wealthiest clients, and provide a professional, bespoke financial planning and review service to clients with multiple or complex needs
- Hone your existing wealth management skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
This role will see you joining a dedicated team that specialises in advising high net worth clients. With access to a broad range of solutions from across the bank, you'll be the clients' lead adviser, helping them articulate the purpose of their wealth, and the role they want it to play in their lives. You'll then advise on strategies to help shape their balance sheet.
You'll provide a holistic advice service, providing advice on tax mitigation as well as a range of investment offerings including discretionary fund management.
In the course of your work, you'll also:
- Proactively build meaningful, long term wealth management relationships with your portfolio of clients and with key stakeholders
- Keep up to date with changes in the financial and local market place, and maintain an understanding of NatWest's views of markets and asset classes, making sure they are reflected in your advice
- Adhering to procedures and processes while meeting the relevant quality standards and deadlines
The skills you'll need
You'll need a QCF level 4 qualification, and you'll ideally hold, or have a commitment to progress to a QCF level 6. You'll also possess an appropriate qualification in accordance with FCA Training Competence (TC) handbook, and it would be beneficial if you have achieved chartered status with the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI).
You'll also need:
- Knowledge and experience of providing complex and financial advice
- Strong investment skills and expertise in detailed client profiling
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work to deadlines while maintaining high standards
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, which will be key to building and maintaining strong client relationships
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Certified Regime (CR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to enhanced pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting Bank of England website and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".