Site Reliability Engineer
This job posting is no longer active
Join us in London as a Site Reliability Engineer
- You'll be responsible for the reliability, availability and performance of the platforms and services that our Teal project runs and owns
- You'll enjoy considerable stakeholder engagement, working closely with our Core Technology Implementation and Feature Development teams
- You'll influence architectural decisions from an operational reliability standpoint
- This is an exciting time to join us and become part of a start up, and we'll look to you to help us shape the culture of the team and the way we do things
- We're open to offering the role on a short term basis – for example for six months – or permanently
What you'll do
We'll look to you to carry out the site reliability tasks, including software development, issue resolution, problem management and providing 24/7 on-call cover for our live systems. You'll collaborate with architecture, business, development, testing, security and core technology teams to set up best in class systems. You'll then ensure they are monitored effectively.
As well as this, you'll:
- Work with development and feature teams to ensure the reliability of future projects and programmes
- Drive efficiency, automation, and cost reduction, automating manual and repetitive tasks
- Develop features and provide coding for system and service improvements and automations
- Work flexibly across our Service Management, Security, Platform build and Feature Development functions according to prioritised demands, and provide a seamless link between them
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an experienced engineer with strong platform development skills, and a comprehensive understanding of how to secure environments. You'll also have a solid grasp of information security and performance optimisation.
You'll have extensive experience across system development, implementation, DevOps and SRE roles. You'll also be well-versed in Cloud-first infrastructure design, AWS, Cloud Formation, JSON, Terraform and Kubernetes.
Along with experience deploying Docker and Amazon EKS clusters, you'll have a background in automating production build and deploys across multiple nodes. You'll also have experience with automated build scripts used for release management across all environments, and experience setting up Cloudwatch based monitoring and alerting and auto scaling.
We're also looking for:
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong scripting skills and experience building MI dashboards
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills gained a Cloud or virtualised environment
- A flexible approach and good communication skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.