This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Service Analyst to join us in London
- This is a chance to take a key role in a new, innovation led venture which offers a start-up environment
- Data is key to the new business, making this an integral role to our success
- You'll have a supportive environment, plenty of challenge, and the opportunity to broaden your experience
- We're open to offering the role on a short term basis – for example for six months – or permanently
What you'll do
You'll be working in a variety of technical challenges, coordinating and delivering the activities and processes required to support our Technology services. All IT incidents will fall under your remit, and you'll be adhering to the documented Incident Management and other related Service Operations process and procedures in dealing with these incidents.
You'll also be:
- Collaborating with architecture, business, development, testing, security and core technology teams to setup and run best in class service operations systems
- Working with customer support and business teams to gather customer feedback as input to Service Operation Continuous improvement and roadmaps
- Providing innovative, automated solutions to proactively monitor and maintain uptime and performance of the bank systems
The skills you'll need
You'll need experience as a technical specialist in a customer facing or Service Operations role, and experience in ITIL Service Operations processes. You'll need knowledge of AWS cloud, Cloud Formation, terraform and JSON. Also, experience deploying Docker, kurbernetes or Amazon EKS cluster will be a definite plus.
Other required technical experience and knowledge includes:
- Experience in setting up cloudwatch based monitoring, alerting and autoscaling
- Strong scripting skills in Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby and Perl
- Experience in building MI dashboards
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Experience with seamless or automated build scripts used for release management across all environments
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.