Join us in London as a Fund Analyst.
- This is a key role in which you'll be responsible for selecting managed third party funds across several asset classes
- You'll anchor and promote our Fund Research team as a sole centre of competence for primary fund research within Coutts and the wider division
- You'll generate new investment ideas regarding strategies, themes and asset allocation calls, and you'll contribute to further refining the team’s philosophy and processes
What you'll do
Your role will involve fund research, selection and monitoring, and analysing actively managed long-only strategies. You'll conduct and document initial strategy due diligence and selection, as well as the ongoing monitoring and annual review processes, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
You'll take the lead and actively own ongoing work to refine the Fund Research team’s philosophy and processes, driving awareness of events in capital markets, and keeping up to date with economic research insight and house views.
As well as this, you'll:
- Contribute to discussions of sectors covered by other team members, and promote and champion an open and honest culture of challenging and being challenged
- Present and defend proposed additions and removals from Approved Universe, as well as any rating changes
- Manage relationships with third party fund managers and fund houses
- Support the Multi Asset Investment and Client Investment Management teams in implementing the preferred fund range, and make sure that investment exposures are fully understood and accurately positioned with clients
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with deep and demonstrable experience in investments and fund research, reflective of the circa £1.5-2 billion client assets invested in the funds that you will be monitoring. You'll be familiar with software packages such as Style Research, Morningstar Direct, Excel, and eVestment.
We'll expect to hold a CFA, relevant masters degree or a suitable equivalent, and to be familiar with the basics mathematics and statistics of investing.
You'll also need:
- The proven ability to generate sustained excess returns over a full market cycle
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to translate your insights into strategy rotation and portfolio construction
- Knowledge of the UK retail investment products market
- Fantastic analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Coutts, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.