Senior Quant Credit Model Risk
Join us as a Senior Quant Model Risk
- We're looking for a passionate and driven risk specialist to join us in Model Risk Management
- This is a role where you can focus in a niche area, across all sorts of credit and finance models
- Develop yourself, use your existing skills, and advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do
You'll be managing a specific work stream within Credit Model Risk, and independently reviewing and validating assigned credit and Finance models relating to Wholesale, Commercial and Retail portfolios across all business units and legal entities within RBS.
You'll also be:
- Ensuring that the models are fit for purpose for their designated use and meets regulatory expectation and industry best practice
- Ensuring all major Model Risks are identified with compensation controls defined
- Building alternative models to assess models’ robustness
- Managing junior members of the team by arranging knowledge sharing sessions
- Identifying and implementing ways of improving efficiency in model reviews and admin tasks while still being effective and aligned to RBS strategic goals
The skills you'll need
You'll need substantial experience of development and review, validation and implementation of analytical credit risk measurement tools with a Quantitative degree. You should have a sound understanding of Basel requirements (additional regulatory guidance/requirements) and the PRA/JST interpretation of these, understanding of SS3/18 policy on Model Risk Management, and a good understanding of IFRS9 standards.
You'll also need:
- Prior experience in delivery of both written and verbal communications to a senior management audience and of developing constructive relationships with a range of different stakeholders
- A good knowledge of a range of credit risk related products for loan book and trading book and associated risks and related risk management issues
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Closing Date: 20/03/19
Location: Edinburgh or London