Data Sourcing Lead
We're hiring a Data Sourcing Lead to join us in Brighton
- This is a chance to take a brand new role in a high profile team in the Chief Data Office – part of Data & Analytics – giving you the opportunity to shape the role
- You'll lead the data sourcing element of the Chief Data Office's data profiling service, making sure we have the right data to influence decision making
- It's an opportunity to add value, and to build your personal profile
What you'll do
This role will task you with leading the data sourcing element of the Chief Data Office's data profiling service, managing resource and making sure the team meets its deliverables. You'll be responsible for collating and documenting business requirements for data sourcing, and for making sure we deliver the right data sourcing solutions to meet those requirements.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Leading the drive to productionise data feeds and establish fully strategic data sourcing, working with IT and data delivery teams to do so
- Working in line with data sourcing governance, and making sure the team complies with relevant information security policies and controls
- Collaborating with the bank’s businesses, as well as data services and IT delivery teams to make sure that source system is available when we need it, and meets all requirements
- Overseeing the successful sourcing of data on a monthly basis so that data quality dashboards can be produced to schedule
- Making sure that any risks or issues associated with data sourcing are understood and reported
The skills you'll need
This role would suit someone with experience in a business change environment, including technology change, and ideally in banking or financial services. You'll need detailed knowledge of data quality and data management processes and issues, along with strong data analysis experience.
We'll also expect:
- Experience of working with data management and analysis tools, such as SAS, SQL, Teradata, QlikView, IDQ, and Toad
- Experience of successfully redesigning business processes, and defining operating models
Line management experience would also be welcome, though isn't essential.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.