Cash & NDF Trader
Purpose of Role
The EM FX trading Stamford business is seeking a VP level trader to trade and manage risk across a range of assets. The primary responsibility will be to develop and expand the Latin American rates offering. Candidate should have expertise in local market conventions in Latin America as well as considerable experience working with the various interest rate products offered in the region. Additionally, a strong quantitative background is required to ensure the robustness of all risk management systems. The person will also act as a Latin American generalist and help staff gaps globally in rates products managed out of other centers.
What does this role holder do? (or Accountabilities )
Financial & Business Delivery:
- Responsible for making prices and/or trade execution for assigned product area to/for clients and taking risk on the back of such flows to generate revenue
- Manage risk positions within authorised desk limits and execute hedging strategies to ensure risks limits are not breached
- Accurate booking of all trading activities within the relevant systems and timely follow up of trade queries to minimise the risk of errors
- Ensure that activities are within risk management policies covering market, operational, credit and regulatory risks
- Contribute to overall desk trading strategy
- Working knowledge of EM Rates products
- Implement customer focus throughout strategy, communications and customer engagement. Ensure customer focus in built into Trading behaviours and culture
- Ensure accountability for delivery of commitments to RBS customers
- Build, safeguard and uphold the reputation of RBS Group
Risk and Control (understand and adheres to):
- 1st LOD: complies with relevant Group Policies, testing and certifying (or considers and escalates) the adequacy and effectiveness of the business’ controls
- Ensure business is conducted within defined risk appetite
- Operating Disciplines and Controls
- Risk Culture and all statutory and regulatory requirements and RBS Group policies
- Business Continuity plans relevant to Trading desk
- Take responsibility for your role within the performance management process, to ensure appropriate objectives, a robust dialogue with your manager about your performance, and performance documentation.
- Comply with HR performance processes by setting objectives and participating in mid/full year performance reviews in keeping with the deadlines set.
What are the skills, knowledge and experience needed to do the role?
- Relevant B.A. degree (example: mathematics, business, finance, engineering, physics)
- Full term experience trading EM Rates across multiple currencies.
- Masters degree preferred
It is the policy of NatWest Markets Securities Inc. and its parent, affiliates and/or subsidiaries to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Equal Opportunity Employer -Disabled/Veteran – review "EEO Is The Law", "EEO is the law- Supplement" & "Pay Transparency Provision" posters here.