Senior Automation Test Analyst
This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Senior Automation Test Analyst to join us in Bristol
- This role will see you undertaking testing activities to agreed timescales, cost and quality to prove that solutions satisfy customer needs and business operating principles
- You'll utilise your expertise and specialisation in automation testing
- You'll be joining our exciting and cutting edge Bristol digital hub in Commercial & Private Banking Change, able to really make your mark in this area
What you'll do
The testing you'll work on can relate to all or specific stages of the project life cycle including functional testing - regression and exploratory- and non-functional testing - performance and accessibility. You'll analyse and understand testing requirements, and collaborate with colleagues to plan and manage the work necessary to perform and deliver testing for projects.
Your role will involve:
- Working to deliver with enterprise level test automation frameworks supporting Behavioural Driven Development (BDD)
- Testing web applications both on the UI and by driving the underlying micro-services
- Reviewing design documents, business requirements and non-functional requirements across multiple scrum teams to build test scenarios for automation
- Contributing and reviewing documents such as test automation strategy, framework designs, best practices, coding standards, test plans and test completion reports
- Proactively sharing and reporting risks, issues, challenges, blockers and forthcoming tasks to the scrum master or test lead
- Understanding RAID logs and managing them to ensure that there is no leakage into production
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience working in an Agile environment, with great stakeholder collaboration abilities. You'll also have practical experience of enterprise level requirement analysis, scenario construction, script writing, test execution and RAID management.
You'll be proficient with:
- Selenium Webdriver (with Java)
- Cucumber JVM
- Java 8 coding
- IntelliJ IDE
- Git / Stash
You'll also show knowledge of:
- JIRA, Zephyr and Confluence
- Tool-aided web-service testing and load testing tools
- Remote and distributed test execution
- Scrum and Kanban
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.