Join us in Edinburgh as a Data Scientist
- This is an opportunity for a talented data scientist to join a new team supporting our Personal and Business Banking (PBB) function
- You'll select and develop new techniques for solving complex data related problems
- It's a chance to develop your skills and bring an innovative and passionate approach to data science
- You'll play a key role in supporting more junior members of the team with technical delivery
What you'll do
Sitting within Personal & Business Banking (PBB) Data & Analytics, you'll be responsible for developing the personal financial management capability on our mobile app. You'll do so by creating customer stories using AI and predictive models that anticipate our customers' future financial needs. As such, you'll ensure we support all our mobile app users while enhancing our banking proposition.
You'll be responsible for:
- Developing new insights from data assets using advanced data science techniques
- Building an understanding of current business problems, and proactively demonstrating how we can solve these using data led solutions
- Working in agile way
- Supporting less experienced team members
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with leadership experience, a strong background in technical roles, and good communication skills.
We're looking for someone with a background in a technical role, and good communication skills. You'll have experience in financial services, and you'll have a Master's Degree in a relevant discipline such as Data Science, Statistics, AI or Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge developed through training or professional experience.
We'll also expect:
- Extensive experience of data science techniques, including the pragmatic implementation of machine learning, AI and multi-variant analysis techniques
- Experience of cloud services, such as Azure and Amazon Web Services
- An understanding of the tools used to deploy advanced techniques including some of R, Impala, SAS, Python and Spark
- The ability to manage a portfolio of technically complex opportunities simultaneously
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.