Health & Safety Consultant
We're looking for a Health & Safety Consultant to join us in the Gloucestershire, Worcestershire Area
- You'll be providing first class health and safety advice and possibly training to a diverse portfolio of clients, with a particular focus across the Midlands and Cotswolds
- Enjoy the freedom to manage your own diary and build relationships with clients, while still being part of a supportive team
- Hone your consultancy expertise and gain valuable experience working with a wide variety of clients across all sectors
- You'll be working from home, so you'll need to work flexibly and independently, travel is involved so a full driving licence is needed
What you'll do
You'll be managing a portfolio of business clients, and conducting regular client visits to provide a market leading Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Consultancy service.
This will involve:
- Developing trusting relationships, based on a clear understanding of each clients' needs
- Providing a consultancy and training service, with products and services tailored to clients' goals and development areas
- Consistently delivering high quality customer interactions
- Delivering new business growth through understanding your clients requirements and offering additional mentor products and services
- Collaborating with other teams across the bank to secure growth and to enhance our customer service offering
- Keeping up to date with developments in the field and ensuring that all advice and guidance provided is suitable, appropriate, technically correct, relevant and communicated in a clear, fair and engaging way
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a health and safety professional, with an NVQ4 or equivalent. You'll be CMIOSH qualified or working towards CMIOSH or a direct equivalent, which you'll need to achieve within two years of joining us. You'd also need practical health and safety experience in a professional or commercial role.
In addition to this, you’ll also need:
- A commercial mindset and an eye for business development
- The enthusiasm and alertness to keep up to date with industry wide best practice and changing regulatory requirements
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to adapt your approach to build strong professional relationships and deliver focused and effective advice and training
- The initiative and drive to work effectively on your own, and represent the values of our business for a diverse range of clients and stakeholders
- The technical experience and eye for detail to identify customer needs, call out risks and clearly prioritise recommendations
How we'll reward you
We offer a competitive reward package starting from £38,710, which is negotiable dependant on experience plus an additional £4,200 fixed car allowance. Your package includes contributions to our retirement savings plan, and you can choose whatever protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras you want from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.