Android Automation Tester
Join us in London as an Android Automation Tester
- If you're a creative and lateral thinking mobile testing professional, this is an opportunity to use your experience to drive innovation and continuous improvement across our mobile offering
- You'll be joining a multi-award winning and industry recognised team that frequently leads the way in delivering first-to-market capabilities
- Sitting within Personal & Business Banking Technology (PBB), you'll be working with the latest technologies to make life easier, and banking simpler for our customers
What you'll do
Your role will be to design and execute the mobile app testing using a combination of automated and manual methods. You'll be working within one of our multi-disciplinary scrum teams, and collaborating with product owners, journey managers, release managers and environment management experts.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Analysing testing requirements, and undertaking testing activities to agreed timescales, cost and quality to prove that solutions satisfy customer needs and business operating principles
- Reviewing the requirement, functional and non-functional specifications as well as business requirements and design documents to ensure that the test requirements are understood to build the test plans
- Reviewing, analysing and providing feedback on project documents to aid the creation of test plans, and the test schedule and strategy
- Raising queries to fill in the gaps and highlight any risks
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone highly motivated and passionate about delivering for our customers. Along with experience working in a scrum team and knowledge of agile methodologies, you'll be comfortable working with agile tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Zephyr and Confluence.
You'll have hands on experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, Rest Assured and Postman, and familiarity with Java or Python. You'll be comfortable working Appium or other mobile automation frameworks, and you'll have experience in an SDET role with strong knowledge of QA methodology, test strategy and test planning.
You'll also demonstrate:
- The ability to describe the scrum development methodology and how testing fits into the various phases of scrum based development
- The ability to convert user stories acceptance criteria into test conditions
- Experience of BDD testing concepts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses
You'll ideally hold a testing qualification such as an ISEB or ISTQB, or the equivalent gained through practical experience. Experience testing mobile applications across iOS and Android platforms would also be beneficial.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.