2018 Risk Comeback Programme, Financial Risk & Analytics
This job posting is no longer active
We're offering a place on the 2018 Risk Comeback Programme, joining our Financial Risk & Analytics team in London or Edinburgh
- If you've taken the last two years or more out of your career after leaving a senior role, our 2018 Comeback Programme is a chance to take on a paid work placement in our Risk function
- You'll be well positioned to raise your profile, as you collaborate with highly skilled colleagues across the Risk community
- We'll give you useful coaching and an array of networking opportunities, while bringing your experience right up to date
- The closing date for applications will be 22 July 2018
What you'll do
This returnship offers the chance to get back to a hands-on role in our small but influential Business Financial Risk & Analytics team. It's an excellent opportunity if you enjoy combining data and analysis with stakeholder interaction, and will let you be part of a new and fresh initiative to bring together different data sources and insights to produce 'one view'. The remit is broad, covering economic capital, regulatory capital, and stress capital, and taking in all our businesses and franchises.
While you're on the programme we'll support you with training opportunities and coaching. You'll have a dedicated mentor, and the opportunity to join networking events led by our employee-led networks, gaining exposure to senior leaders and broadening your internal connections.
You'll have the chance to:
- Provide insight which supports our business and franchises with their future growth plans
- Apply your knowledge and expertise to link risk, financial and capital data, understanding business risk profile on multiple constraint and optimisation lenses
- Work with a wide range of business stakeholders to interpret risk, financial and capital data, identifying and informing management of risks and optimisation opportunities
- Present your insights and talking points to business leaders
The skills you'll need
To be eligible for the 2018 Risk Comeback Programme, you must have been on a career break for at least two full years by September 2018. We're looking for people with high levels of motivation, who are keen to meet a new challenge and hit the ground running, and have a background in financial services or a relevant field as a functional expert, manager, or team leader in risk, finance, or similar.
We'll also be looking for:
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to efficiently interrogate, manipulate, analyse and validate large volumes of data, and pull our meaningful and valuable insights
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- A good eye for detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.