2018 Risk Comeback Programme, Stress Testing Project Manager
This job posting is no longer active
We're offering an opportunity on the 2018 Comeback Programme to join our Risk function in London or Birmingham
- If you've taken the last two years or more out of your career after leaving a senior role, our 2018 Comeback Programme is a chance to take on a paid work placement in our Risk business
- We'll provide coaching and an array of networking opportunities, while bringing your experience right up to date
- This 12 week paid returnship begins in September 2018, and may highlight potential opportunities, possibly leading to the offer of a permanent role
- The closing date for applications will be 22nd July 2018
What you'll do
This returnship will allow you to get back to a hands-on role as a Stress Testing Project Manager.
Your role will have several components, offering technical and intellectual challenge and giving you a voice in an area of the bank which is shaping strategic thinking.
You’ll design and maintain project plans for stress testing activities and ensure that stress testing inputs and outputs are consistent with requirements and adhere to governance process.
While you're on the Comeback Programme we'll support you with a range of training opportunities, as well as personalised and group coaching sessions and seminars. You'll have a dedicated mentor, and the opportunity to join networking events led by our employee-led networks, gaining exposure to senior leaders and broadening your internal connections.
- Working in a technically focused role in an area which is increasing in importance as a tool for risk management and commercial decision making
- Working on the Bank’s stress testing projections, giving you a chance to gain exposure to the bank's strategy
- Refreshing and enhancing your skills, while making a positive difference in our business
The skills you'll need
To be eligible for the 2018 Risk Comeback Programme, you must have been on a career break for at least two full years by September 2018. Prior to your break you'll have gained experience working in financial services or a relevant field as a functional expert, manager, or team leader.
We're looking for people with high levels of motivation, who are keen to meet a new challenge and hit the ground running. In terms of your skills and experience, we will be looking for you to demonstrate:
- A proven history of working collaboratively with stakeholders, particularly senior management
- The ability to work to deadlines, excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to embrace new ways of working while incorporating what you already know
- Experience in a PMO within a risk or finance context
- Knowledge of stress testing end-to-end cycles, and experience working with regulators or knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.