2018 Treasury Risk Comeback Programme
This job posting is no longer active
We're offering a place on the 2018 Risk Comeback Programme, joining our Treasury Risk team in London
- If you've taken the last two years or more out of your career after leaving a senior role, our 2018 Comeback Programme is a chance to take on a paid work placement in our Risk function
- You'll be well positioned to raise your profile, as you collaborate with highly skilled colleagues across the Risk community
- We'll give you useful coaching and an array of networking opportunities, while bringing your experience right up to date
- The closing date for applications will be 22nd July 2018
What you'll do
This returnship will allow you to get back to a hands-on role in our Treasury Risk team, the second line of defence across all risks run and covered by Treasury. It's an excellent opportunity to help provide treasury risk coverage for the RBS Treasury business across market risk, liquidity and funding risk, and capital.
While you're on the programme we'll support you with a range of training opportunities, as well as personalised and group coaching sessions and seminars. You'll have a dedicated mentor, and the opportunity to join networking events led by our employee-led networks, gaining exposure to senior leaders and broadening your internal connections.
We'll expect you to:
- Play a key role in ensuring that the team delivers a high standard of treasury risk oversight across all Treasury businesses
- Develop a strong understanding of the business
- Proactively advise senior management in Treasury and Risk on all treasury risk related matters
- Be heavily involved in shaping the key strategic themes in Treasury, like behaviouralisaiton, FTP, and annual capital, liquidity, and funding forecasting
The skills you'll need
To be eligible for the 2018 Risk Comeback Programme, you must have been on a career break for at least two full years by September 2018. We're looking for people with high levels of motivation, who are keen to meet a new challenge and hit the ground running, and have a background in financial services or a relevant field as a functional expert, manager, or team leader, including experience of working in treasury.
We'll also be looking for:
- A proven history of working collaboratively with stakeholders, particularly senior management
- The ability to work to deadlines, excellent organisation skills and detailed focused
- Willingness to embrace new ways of working while incorporating what you already know
- Good communication, engagement and influencing skills
- Strong people skills and ability to work collaboratively in teams on complex programmes
- A keen interest in financial markets and counterparty risk matters, with a strong desire to learn more
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.