2018 Risk Comeback Programme, Risk Modelling Manager
This job posting is no longer active
We're offering places on the 2018 Risk Comeback Programme, joining our Risk Modelling team in Edinburgh or Belfast
- If you've taken the last two years or more out of your career after leaving a senior role, our 2018 Comeback Programme is a chance to take on a paid work placement in our Risk function
- It's an opportunity to develop your skills and further your career as you get involved in a range of projects
- You'll be well positioned to raise your profile, as you collaborate with highly skilled colleagues across the Risk community
- This 12 week paid returnship begins in September 2018 and may highlight potential opportunities, possibly leading to the offer of a permanent role
- The closing date for applications will be 22nd July 2018
What you'll do
Financial Risk & Analytics is a centre of excellence for statistical modelling across the bank. Joining us on the Comeback Programme, you'll be using your analytical talents to support the business through the development of capital IRB and risk decision models across the full range of retail portfolios, while bringing your experience right up to date.
While you're on the programme we'll support you with training opportunities. You'll have a dedicated mentor, and the opportunity to join networking events led by our employee-led networks, gaining exposure to senior leaders and broadening your internal connections.
You can expect to contribute by assisting our teams with:
- Developing and maintaining a suite of robust, effective and compliant statistical models
- Managing model proposals developed by the team as they pass through phases of review by other functions
- Producing clear and well presented analysis and actionable MI covering all aspects of risk model performance
- Contributing to model development methodology by using innovative and robust approaches
The skills you'll need
To be eligible for the 2018 Risk Comeback Programme, you must have been on a career break for at least two full years by September 2018. We're looking for people with high levels of motivation, who are keen to meet a new challenge and hit the ground running, and have a background in financial services or a relevant field as a functional expert, manager, or team leader.
We'll be looking for at least an undergraduate degree in a numerate discipline, plus experience in a modelling function or a related quantitative function.
You should also bring:
- Project management experience, ideally with knowledge of agile principles, and the ability to work well as part of a team, sharing ideas and learning openly with others
- Experience in statistical or mathematical modelling
- An understanding of statistical techniques, credit reference data and system toolsets
- The ability to translate complex and statistical techniques into simple, easily understood concepts
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.