Policy and Advice- Consultant
This job posting is no longer active
The role of Policy & Advice - Consultant exists to manage a portfolio of high priority cases requiring interaction with the businesses across India following initial advice and guidance given via telephone by P&A advisors. This role will be responsible to provide professional advice, guidance and support on cases / issues, applying in scope policies, relevant employment law and jurisdictional practices. (Telephonic support).
What the Business Does
The role of Policy & Advice - Consultant is based in the Policy & Advice department. If you are applying for this role, you will report to the Head of Policy and Advice.
If you are looking to apply for the role of Policy & Advice - Consultant, you will be responsible to:
- Manage allocated High Priority case portfolio in line with individual targets (Service Level Agreements /Quality Assurance), maintaining a communication flow with the Business throughout the proceeding life of the case, proactively assessing and diagnosing further consultancy requirements until its conclusion
- Provide effective coaching and support for the business to enable them to confidently deal with the scenario and any challenges they may be presented with throughout the duration of the case
- Provide consistent advice on interpretation and application of in scope policies, relevant employment law and taking into account any jurisdictional practices
- Ensure that all cases have robust case updates via PeopleSoft in line with Quality Assurance guidelines
- Knowledge sharing across immediate team and wider operations to enable the promotion of best practice and consistency of approach
- Proactively work with our customers to gather feedback and identify ways that HR can add value
- Work with stakeholders to improve the service proposition and improve business Line Manager capability
- Liaise with appropriate third parties both internally and externally to P&A as required
- To continually improve service delivery and productivity of performance whilst minimising operational risk
- Escalate to Team Manager any potential legal or reputational risks resulting from best practice not being followed by the business and escalate further via the internal Issues and Observations Log and business stakeholders such as HRBP population
- Identifies and report incidents and problems to Line manager or Risk Spoc
- Understands and adheres to all control and assurance policies and procedures
Skills you need
- Post Graduate
- Skilled and effective ability to influence and advise
- Thorough working knowledge of HR policies and procedures, employment law interpretation, Employment Tribunals
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and MS Office working knowledge
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
- Experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to motivate teams to deliver as per the agreed standards within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Basic skills in coaching and facilitation
- Ability to delegate authority and responsibility
- Ability to analyse problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of business/function goals
- Understands and demonstrates sensitivity to confidentiality of information
- Ideally 10-15 years experience
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services, and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service, and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.