Senior Risk Analyst
Join us in Edinburgh as a Senior Risk Analyst
- This is a great opportunity for an analyst to join one of the modelling teams in the Risk Decision Analytics function within Financial Risk & Analytics
- You'll be developing scorecards and automated strategies for areas across Retail & Commercial portfolios, and will be well positioned to raise your profile, as you collaborate with highly skilled colleagues across the Risk community
- You'll support the business through the development and deployment of advanced analytics, dealing with risks that manifest themselves at the aggregate level of the bank
- Flexible working is available with this role
What you'll do
Sitting within the Financial Risk & Analytics division, you'll be responsible for the development of operational scorecards and automated strategies which are used to deliver more automated credit decisioning for our small and medium enterprise customers.
You'll be highly motivated and will use your analytical talents to take forward the design, development and implementation of analytical and modelling projects. This will involve strong engagement with our key stakeholders to ensure that the support we provide meets the requirements of the business. You'll also become an integral and active team member who will help to build and maintain our strong collaborative ethos.
As well as this, you'll:
- Assist in the scoping, design, build, implementation and post-implementation review of scorecards and strategy modelling for UK and ROI portfolios
- Support the management of on-going analytic projects
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of projects
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, it's essential you're degree level educated in a numerical related discipline, such as Operational Research, Statistics or Maths, and you'll be proficient with statistical modelling. You'll be able to identify issues and trends from data and create analytical solutions. You'll have practical experience in the application of statistical modelling techniques for risk management, ideally in developing scorecards or basel models and previous programming experience with a language such as SAS, SQL or similar. You'll also need to be proficient with MS Office applications, with an understanding of how spread sheets and data packages can be used to analyse numerical data
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
- The ability to work collaboratively with others to plan and organise workloads to meet agreed targets
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and motivate your team members as you all work towards agreed goals
- Strong planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to discuss complex analytical ideas with non-technical colleagues in a meaningful way
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.