Technical Specialist Analyst
Join us as a Technical Specialist Analyst in Edinburgh
- This is an opportunity for a passionate and driven analyst to join us in our Personal Banking (PB) Home Buying & Ownership team.
- You'll have the opportunity to grow and develop into a much broader role which also encompasses the needs of the Mortgages Integrated Document Management system (IDM)
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll be working closely with the third party supplier of the software. The role will be quite specific in the outset, in that it will have a clear area of responsibility with a specific set of projects already lined up to work on. However, you'll have the opportunity to grow into a Document Management Specialist role due to the various new ventures currently happening across the area.
Day to day, you'll be:
- Defining appropriate technical solution for programmes and platforms to meet business requirements in accordance with bank-wide change standards
- Undertaking high quality technical analysis, design and development of technology solutions
- Providing high quality analytical input to support the development and implementation of innovative processes and problem resolution
- Capturing, validating and documenting technical requirements ensuring they're in line with key strategic principles
The skills you'll need
You'll need extensive experience working in a Windows environment, Windows VB scripting and experience of working in a busy production environment. You will also have a good problem solving mindset, and a willingness to take ownership and work through issues with business and support stakeholders. .
It would be an advantage, but not essential for you to have experience of document management systems, Unix skills, Oracle skills and experience, or an understanding of virtualisation.
What else you need to know
Some travel will be required in order to visit our mortgage centres around the UK.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Posting date - 11th March 2019
Closing date - 9th April 2019