Join us as a Technical Specialist in Edinburgh
- Joining us in the zSeries Software team, you'll be acting as the technical authority within the team, you'll be developing your broader knowledge of interfacing technologies and further deepening your own technology knowledge
- This role offers great opportunities for internal and external training, as well as flexible working
- You'll be joining a fast paced team, that sits within the MMO Mainframe, Middleware and Operations department, supporting middleware operations and mainframe environments
What you'll do
You'll be providing technical expertise within Technology Services, possessing a breadth of knowledge of the technology and its deployment within RBS. You'll assist the Technical Lead setting the technical agenda for their championed specialism for Technology Services (TS).
You may be required to provide project analysis services to key projects or programmes of work where these require specialist input due to innovative approach, complexity, or criticality.
In the course of your work, you'll:
- Drive the technical capability of the team, ensuring best practice is applied at all times
- Develop good working relationships with TS teams, Configuration Centre of Excellence, Component Designers and other interfacing areas.
- Develop relationships with suppliers, external bodies and vendors at a technical level
- Influence Technology Services on their use of technology
- Provide technical leadership, support and guidance to infrastructure projects
- Ensure that high impact projects are configured to operate efficiently and cost effectively
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll have proven experience in zOS installation and customisation, and proven experience to apply software products onto zOS platform.
You'll also need:
- Proven experience in zOS installation and customisation
- Proven experience to apply software products onto zOS platform
- Proven experience in core specialism technologies. (zOS, SMPe, SYSPLEX, HCD)
- Demonstrable technical ability in performance tuning, backup and recovery, design, and recent product releases
- A proven track record in projects from design to implementation of operational and MI applications
- A proven ability to produce standards and processes for complex environments
- Demonstrable ability to define business and technical processes
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus pension funding. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.