Senior SME, Valuation Models
Join us in London as Senior SME, Valuation Models in Internal Audit
- You'll provide independent assurance over the risks associated with the use of derivatives valuation and related risk models across the Group
- This is an opportunity to make a tangible difference to the bank’s future, while gaining invaluable experience in a large and complex organisation, working alongside well-respected industry figures
What you'll do
You’ll lead a small team of both Quant and Models auditors through the engagement stage, effectively managing work and resources, and setting standards of excellence.
You'll succeed in this role by:
- Providing expertise across a number of audit activities at any one point in time and performing detailed work to support specific audits
- Providing senior executives with relevant management information, insight and opinions, and acting as the subject matter expert when called up on to liaise with the regulators
- Understanding risk, control, and assurance, and using your technical experience to help improve the control environment for the bank
- Being the key point of contact for the IA function in your area of specialism
- Managing, leading and supporting audit assignments
- Performing and contributing to continuous risk assessment and monitoring, taking responsibility for assigned business areas or risk elements
- Training, developing, and coaching the IA function in your areas of expertise
- Delivering audits on time and to budget, and to an excellent quality standard that confirms to IA methodology requirements
- Leading the production of high quality written reports which detail any issues identified
- Influencing key business stakeholders, leading to issue acceptance and appropriate remediation
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for an experienced professional with strong technical knowledge and an understanding of risk, control, and assurance, ideally with exposure to models in investment banking or a trading environment. You'll compliment this with excellent quantitative understanding and skills demonstrated through a suitable qualification or research experience.
You’ll be an SME within Internal Audit within your area of specialism, and have the ability to liaise competently with the regulator as required.
We'll also be looking for:
- A working knowledge of Financial Markets, Instruments, and Valuation & Risk Management techniques and current and emerging issues, ideally spanning multiple asset classes and gained through relevant experience
- A working knowledge and understanding of Mathematical Finance and it’s applications in pricing and risk management across multiple asset classes
- Proven competence to lead teams to deliver projects on time and to budget
- A strong understanding of the regulatory requirements and developments relating to models
- Strong stakeholder management skills, and to be confident and clear when you need to challenge or influence
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.