Senior Auditor, Risk & Finance Applications
This job posting is no longer active
Join us in London in the role of Senior Auditor
- This is an excellent opportunity for you to join our Internal Audit function as a Senior Auditor, auditing risk and finance applications
- You’ll develop your existing knowledge and experience of internal audit
- Along with exposure to senior business and internal audit stakeholders, you'll benefit from the chance to work on audits in other areas of the Internal Audit team's remit
What you'll do
In this role, you'll provide robust, challenging insight and assistance on key audits. You'll make a significant impact and influence our business managers to ensure they lead in a risk conscious way. You'll also work with the wider team in mapping out processes and assessing technology risks and controls.
As well as this, you'll be:
- Gaining a real insight into the control environment by visiting business areas and establishing how to test effectively
- Analysing and reviewing risk information, helping to identify key business risks, and working in collaboration to produce a final report
- Compiling your findings into a high quality document, which will provide important insight for business heads to adequately manage their risks
- Gaining experience in project management, where you'll drive the delivery of efficient and effective assurance
- Having open and effective discussions on key risks, engaging with business stakeholders, and on occasion, coaching auditors
- Leading on engagements that may be complex in nature
The skills you'll need
You'll have auditing experience and sound analytical skills, along with the ability to assess and prioritise effectively, quickly establishing what's important. You'll need a strong understanding of the principles of good risk management, with a thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Internal audit or risk management experience
- Experience of auditing technologies
- Excellent communication skills paired with the ability to translate concepts in a clear and concise way
- A passion for personal development to build knowledge and experience
- Confidence in managing relationships with business stakeholders
A Professional financial qualification such as an ACA, or ACCA, and an IT auditing qualification such as a CISA would also be beneficial.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.