Financial Crime Advisory Vice President
Join us as a Financial Crime Advisory Vice President in Amsterdam
- Take on an important role in NatWest Markets Netherlands and help us develop a robust and state-of-the-art financial crime function to protect our customers and our business
- You'll be working independently to build our Second Line of Defence Financial Crime function, developing policies, process and controls to support NatWest Markets Netherlands
- You'll be joining a vibrant, forward looking team and taking on a role with the significance and scope to make a real difference
What you'll do
As a Financial Crime expert, you'll have input into the design and execution of controls within operational and high transaction volume markets environments You'll also be a visible presence and credible ambassador for the second line of defence within the front office stakeholder community.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to business decisions by ensuring critical issues, risks and trends are on the agendas of business leaders
- Challenging the business to demonstrate compliance with required standards and provide support and guidance on the practical application of relevant laws and regulation
- Liaising with Risk teams to ensure NatWest Markets maintains consistency with RBS wide regulatory frameworks
- Representing Financial Crime Advisory for NatWest Markets as required at senior stakeholder forums
- Monitoring and reporting on financial crime compliance standards to internal and external stakeholders
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with financial crime expertise covering anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption, anti-tax evasion and sanctions. You'll also need management experience, and the motivation and initiative to help us build a new business function.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- Excellent advisory and communication skills
- The ability to build trusting relationships and work influentially with a wide range of stakeholders
- Technical expertise and deep understanding of relevant political and legislative developments across the financial industry and the markets and funds environment
- The ability to deliver oversight activity which can serve as concrete evidence to regulators that conduct risks have been identified within target processes
At NatWest Markets, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.